2013年4月4日星期四

Art Activity Two- Artist Talk


Bonnie Rychlak is an independent curator, art consultant, lecturer and visual artist. Her presentation was mainly focused on the most famous sculptures she had made in the past few years. Most of her sculptures were made with wax. She was especially interested in Water and the art idea related to it. Besides, she preferred green and blue when she pick wax color. When I first looked at it. I almost thought those sculpture was made by jade.
She started her presentation with series of Down the Drain. Because this is the project barely got people’s attention after Sandy. These works represented the art in everyday life and brought people’s attention on our everyday issue.
However, my favorite series is “pools”. With in this project she shaped lots of different pools and set them on a mirror. I believe that those mirrors could help her to accomplish the idea of “water”.

My favorite one was the waterwork 5  in 2001. The aluminum stick was simple and vivid. semitransparent color gradation of Cast resin worked perfect with mirror. Both Cast resin and terry cloth could remind me the swimming experiences. And I enjoyed a lot.
The last part of her presentation focused on photo narratives behind glasses. 
 pic


The type of the glass reminded me of the rain. No matter what kind of material or thesis she picked for typical projects, I could all get the main purpose of those works. She has always been so fascinated with the idea of “water”. I think to have an unchangeable idea with the entire project could help people understand her work better.

没有评论:

发表评论